Thursday, February 18, 2010

Steak Knives in the Play Pen

In a recent conversation about a few errors in a Sunday School teaching video I found myself considering the question:

"But isn't it better that they get some truth?"

For seekers in the Christian faith, learning something -- anything -- is important.

But, in providing the wrong information mixed with correct theology, are we doing more harm than good?

This is a question I still do not know the answer to.

Except that I wonder....

If you put 52 plush toys into a play pen with a set of steak knives and left a small child playing there... are we certain that they would only play with the stuffed animals and not pick up the steak knives?

Would any parent take that chance?

Should any Sunday School teacher take that chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.