Saturday, September 27, 2008

Stained Glass Leaves

Did you ever do this as a child? Did you make waxed paper and leaves "stained glass" to hang in your windows?

These maple leaves reminded me... I gathered them, cut off all their stems (well, all except that one) and layered them on wax paper. I suppose technically I gathered them, asked if we had any waxed paper, went to the store and bought waxed paper, and then cut off their stems and laid the leaves on a sheet of waxed paper.
Then put another layer over top of the leaves.
Lay a cloth over and with the iron on it's highest setting.
The heat melts the wax and bonds together trapping the leaves between layers.
Make several. Hang them in your windows. Look at the sunlight comming through, and be a child again for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.