Friday, January 14, 2011

Scrappy Squares

Random leftover strips of fabric leftover from other quilts have been accumulating in the sewing room. So many in fact, that there were enough 3.5 inch strips laying about that I could sort them into cool colours and warm colours before beginning to piece scrappy blocks.

This, obviously, is the group of warm colours with a few extra neutrals mixed in. I'm still playing with it, but once I have a balanced layout I'll finish piecing the blocks together using a sashing (imagine the bits of floor are actually fabric sashing and bordering the blocks) to make an infant sized quilt top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.