Saturday, December 4, 2010

Contentment

The house is toasty warm from a gas fire in the fireplace. No more errands need to be run and I can enjoy the day.

The smell of fresh bread and cookies fills the air. I have been baking this morning. One pan slides into the oven as another comes out and I am running out of counter space. This is a good thing though.

Fresh doughnuts are finishing cooling, waiting to be iced. And it's snowing! Real, thick, fat, fluffy flakes of white are falling. And falling with intention, as though they mean to keep on falling.

I just wanted to share this with you. Hope your day is as happy and nearly perfect as mine.

Photo: trees after an ice storm 2008, Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.