Monday, November 30, 2015

Carrot Storage

This year my second fall crop of carrots I stored.... where they grew. I just left them growing there. And the result?
Carrots harvested in November, and some still "growing" out there even now. I love living this far south! Yay zone 6!
I was trying a couple new-to-me varieties, heirlooms, of course. This picture doesn't really show the sizes well.
They got quite a good size, well, not so much with the Parisians, but the rest were pretty big (compared to past years fall carrot sizes).
That's a quarter - not a dime, a quarter - in this picture with the sliced carrots.
Big! and yet easy to slice through. I love the Royals especially!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.