Monday, November 9, 2015

Other Wooly Things

Handspun Alpaca Two Ply Yarn
The first skein is off the wheel and it's lovely. I think I actually got my twist right this time!

New Challenges: Teaching myself Fair Isle
This may or may not be the right size to be a hat for Simon.

And Mittens. Believe it or not I've never knit a mitten before.
Turns out thumbs are really not that hard.

Adding Fair Isle (three strand) sheep to a mitten on the other hand... not that easy.
I'm telling myself it's because I was using leftover sock yarn. Nothing to do with miscounting the pattern or snarling the strands. I just need thicker yarn, and that will solve everything, right? 
Don't forget to enter the Book Giveaway for The Postmaster's Tale (follow this link to comment and enter to win.)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Just finish reading The Postmaster's Tale. A It is great! And not dumbed down. Fantastic. I'll be getting another ad a gift for a good friend who is a huge Jane Austin fan. She will love this!

    ReplyDelete

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.