Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Simon Says: The Squeaky Wheel

It's not supposed to yell like that is it? Simon asks as the spinning wheel squeaks and sqicks and squaks loudly. I am spinning up some of my hand dyed Falkland wool from my first experiments with breaking Wilton. 


Broken Brown Singles

No. I tell him. It's not supposed to. And I spend some time hunting for the right oil to oil the wheel with. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. I say laughing to myself.

Simon eyes me.
What would a barking wheel get? he asks. Could I get some grease too?

I take the hint and we get our lunch.

That's much better. That, I can sleep through. Simon says when his belly is full and the wheel is humming quietly again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.