Saturday, December 19, 2009

Hudson's Golden Gem

Our sixth apple in the apple tasting was a russet known as Hudson's Golden Gem. Russets have characteristically rough brown skin. My sister is not a fan of the look.
Hudson's Golden Gem carries with it an aroma of cheese and strong tones of pear. The texture of the flesh is particularly pear-like. My sister calls this russet the "sharp cheddar one" and although she means it as a criticism I believe it nicely points out that this apple would be an excellent apple for serving on an apple and cheese tray. But then, I thought Hudson's Golden Gem was a fairly decent eating apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.