Monday, January 11, 2010

"Your Free Gift"

The promotional letter came addressed to me. Congratulations, I had been chosen to receive a free lamp. All I had to do was show up at the furniture store and claim my lamp. Only I never did.

A gift only becomes ours when we claim it, when we open and unwrap it, when we make it ours. If we leave the gift in the box and never use it, if we never claim the free lamp, if we never accept Salvation through Christ then we never make the gift our own.

Reading the Bible we realize -- God sends each of us an invitation to receive the free gift of Salvation, all we need to do is claim it. That's way better than a lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.