Saturday, February 27, 2010

Duct Tape

I recently purchased some duct tape -- not duck tape, that cult classic accessory, but actual duct tape for duct work.

I am pleased to say that the amount of warm air making it out of the basement seems to have increased greatly after the application of said duct tape to various and sundry loose bits of duct work. In sealing up those leaking ducts I learned a couple things:
  1. If you are on a ladder and have forgotten the scissors, you can get duct tape to tear if you start it with your teeth.
  2. Duct tape will take all the skin off the inside of your lip if you get it anywhere near your mouth.
  3. In the event of the above, even if you use a straw, drinking grapefruit juice will sting.

In retrospect, number three should have been obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.