Saturday, June 19, 2010

And Then There's the Patio

This is the ugly, awkward, crumbling, raised lump of what-the-heck-were-they-thinking that runs out from the back door/back stoop.
While the guys had the heavy equipment here I asked them to demolish it. Which they did -- in about half an hour.

Already it looks so much better. Okay, yes, there is still a huge crack there in the slab that was underneath. But, properly patched -- maybe a little of that new exterior self-leveling concrete -- and it's not a problem. Especially if you think of it as an underlayment. My piggy bank has already been told to start saving funds for a couple pallets of flagstone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.