Thursday, October 22, 2015

I'm A Citizens for Boysenberry Jam Fan

"Punky's Dilemma" by Simon and Garfunkel is currently available free on Amazon Prime.

Can I just tell you the inordinate number of times the lines "saying hello to a passing raisin, casually gazing at his toupee" have actually gone through my mind over the years? It's shocking how often. 

Stray music from my childhood regularly erupts into my life from time to time with a randomness any ipod would envy. The recurrence of this particular song is due to the number of times we listened to it over and over again. The great appeal that any song beginning with "I wish I was a Kellogg's cornflake" has for anyone under the age of twelve should not be underestimated. I blame my father... although, I don't think we were actually supposed to be playing his vinyl record collection, so never mind then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.