Saturday, April 16, 2016

More Hand Supn

Variegate Dyed SW Merino, Hand spun and chain plied 
Then knit. Then frogged, because I liked it but ... somehow all the stripes (yarn and stitch) together just didn't thrill me. So yes, this is a photo of knitting that does not exist anymore.

Also: have you noticed how hard it is to capture some colors?
This lovely 2 ply skein of variegated purples (dyed in the wool) is so compelling in person but every time I take it's picture it goes sulky for the camera and won't photograph. I keep trying. You can sort of get the idea of the depth of color in the first picture, and the play of light and dark in the second picture.

Meanwhile, more lace swatches are being knit...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.