Monday, July 6, 2009

Dinner Conversation

"That reminds me, I had a dream about grubs... Or was it maggots?"

"Maggots seem more normal."

"I don't know. I think grubs would be more common. Which is more common every day?"

"Maggots are cool. I think maggots would be more common than grubs."

"No, I think grubs would be more common. We dig in soil with grubs in it more than we walk by carcasses with maggots in it."

"Maggots are very smart."

"Do maggots have brains?"

"I don't know. Do flies have brains?"

"Some insects don't have brains... all they have are neural tubes."

It never occurs to anyone that this is not a normal dinner conversation for most people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.