Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Re-Knit

Remember those super-wash merino hand knit socks I made for my niece? They're her favorite. Sammy-Dog is also quite fond of them and chewed off the entire cuff of one sock. I was called in for repairs.

Fortunately I had extra of the yarn still, and as you can see both socks are whole again. As I was knitting the new cuff onto the damaged sock it occurred to me that we treat our lives like Lily's socks sometimes.

We leave ourselves where the dog can chew great big holes in us and we get damaged. The great thing is that if we go back to God, our Maker, He always has more yarn to fix us. God can knit our lives whole again. All we have to do is ask.

You clothed me with skin and flesh, and knit me together with bones and sinews. You have granted me life and steadfast love, and your care has preserved my spirit. -- Job 10:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.