Monday, August 24, 2009

If Not Today

The flowers that are buds today will be blooms tomorrow. The internet which will not be activated today after all, will be functional sometime this week. Sooner or later, time passes, and sometimes things happen just by doing nothing and waiting for the timing to be right.

I have been talking recently with friends who say Christ will be returning this year, they are certain of it. Songs are playing on the Christian radio stations saying it could be tomorrow, and down gravel roads I am reading hand lettered signs that ask if I am ready for His return because it could be today.

I am as ready as anyone for the Second Coming... today? tomorrow? Sounds good to me, I'll clear my calendar. I'd much prefer a theocratic (rule by God) form of government anyway. One small problem: No man shall know the day...

We don't know. We don't know what lotto numbers will be picked. We don't know, as the tv meteorologists are always proving, if it will rain tomorrow. We don't know when we will die. And we don't know when Jesus will return. All we do know is that He will return.

So in our todays and tomorrows, let's try to be ready. Whether He returns to Earth and meets us here, or if one of us return to Him by the paths of death and meet Him before the other, it is the same. Either event might be today, we just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.