Friday, August 28, 2009

Wordless Work

This picture has nothing to do with this post.
Have you ever been so busy doing that it seems you have nothing left over for saying? I find that settling-in to my new home takes all my energy and my words.

I'm doing quite a lot of scrubbing and painting and digging (flowerbeds) and figuring out mechanical/electrical/plumbing things these days. I won't say it is mindless work, but it is wordless work.

Correction: Wordless in the sense of creativity with words, because in all honesty I do talk to myself while I am doing things. Allow me to quote myself:
If I put that there... and then this goes... Aha! That's it! ...
What in blue blazes do they mean? There is no slot on that side. Who writes these instructions? ...
OW! Blast! Well, that was really stupid. Try not to damage yourself next time. ...

You see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.