Tuesday, June 30, 2015

'Tis a Gift to Bee...

Honey Bee in Crown Pumpkin Flower
The honey bees are surprisingly scarce in my garden this year.  Scarcer than I like, half as many as last year. And I revisit the idea of keeping bees here.  Surely I could find a good location for them: facing east to get morning sun, sheltered from the winds, high enough up not to get eaten by the numerous skunks in the neighborhood, away from the property line with the neighbor who persists in spraying pesticides... and as I wonder where I can safely keep honey bees, I understand why there are so few in the garden. Where can they safely keep themselves? These beneficial insects, where can they live?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.