Monday, October 27, 2008

Blue and Green and Gold

That fabric across the top has a great colour combo, with sage/olive green stems and mustard gold flowers framed in creamy tan, against a rich blue ground. As you can see, I've pulled out several greens and a gold to match, and added a blue and green "eyeball" stripe, a blue and gold on tan print and a fun blue and green on tan print that reminds me of peapods (on the far right).
These will blend together in a simple scrappy squares quilt -- accomplishing two purposes at once.
  1. Test the yardage/measurements/math on another quilt kit pattern.
  2. Make a quilt for my sister. She loves the simpler designs and when she saw the one I was drafting she casually mentioned how good it would look with little tufts (tied), which is her way of hinting that she wants me to make one for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.