Monday, September 28, 2009

Right This Moment

There is a beautiful wind sweeping cones from the pine trees and gathering early autumn leaves in fence corners. The grasses bend to it, the birds swirl and flock with it, and the moment seems to lift, curve, float in the arms of invisible happiness. I love wind. It reminds me of the force of things we cannot see. Evidence of this beautiful invisible wind collects around me, and I think of the strength of intangible emotions like love and joy, the power of thought, and faith, and prayer -- none of which can be seen. The clouds scurry, squirrels flap and chatter, and I sit here, hair blowing in my face, thanking the Lord for this proof that there is more to life than what our eyes can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.