Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Simon Says: Deadlines

Why don't you play with me all day today? Simon says. I would be okay with that. Let's go outside.

But I can't.

I promise not to tell. He cocks his ears at me in a way that makes him very adorable and he knows it. Why do you like that computer more than me? He whimpers softly.

Oh, little dog, I love you! But Mommy has deadlines to meet on Fabric Designs and Book Edits. I can't play right now.

Deadlines? I can play dead. Simon says, and he rolls over on his back. Then looking at me with understanding, he curls himself beside me to wait.

Good dog!

1 comment:

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.