Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Litmus Test

The discussion on the car radio this morning as I drove was insightful. I thought I would share what I gleaned.

How can we be sure if we are a "new creation in Christ" and are really and truly Born Again Christians?

I would love to say we know because we are then perfect and never sin... I would love to be without sin in my life. We are all still human, however. We will still make mistakes.

The way to know we Born Again is not that we do not still face sin in our lives. It is that we are uncomfortable with that sin, ashamed of our wrong thoughts or actions, and we regret the sins we commit.

But we take that discomfort and that shame to the foot of the cross and we leave it there... knowing that there, our sins are forgiven and we are washed clean again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.