Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Stocking

Remnants from making a bridesmaid's dress (not recently, this was ages ago) just screamed Christmas stocking to me. So I made one. I shaped a rough pattern of paper first, just cause it was velvet, so I didn't want to randomly cut out a badly shaped stocking and waste the fabric.
And I had some gold metallic thread hanging about from a quilting project, so I popped the hopping foot on the machine and free-motion doodled a Christmas tree and the words "Merry Christmas" on one side of the stocking. I did that before sewing the two sides together.
Some upholstery rope-trim piping and satin-backed polyester crepe (also of bridesmaid vintage) finished off the top and faced the stocking with a silky/shiny lining.
And a little bit of red pearl cotton to form the loop to hang it up... and there's the finished stocking.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty - something else I havent managed to get around to doing this year!
    Add that to my advent calendar and Christmas door hanging!

    ReplyDelete

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.