Thursday, March 12, 2009

Quilts

Been missing the quilting? So have I. While my sewing machine and iron sit in the corner sulking and lonely I've been busy with other projects (knitting is just so much more portable and easy to take along with me). But in the back of my mind I've been thinking about quilts and quilting and planning my next project... okay, next fifty projects.

Not forgetting all my UFOs, there's "The Quilt Between the States" I promised I'd design for a couple people (a quilt which in theory could/would have been made by quilters during the American Civil War), I promise to finish up our For the Birds Sampler soon ("soon" a loosely defined term which translates as "sometime before I die"), and, oh yeah, I've got an absolutely huge quilt just sitting there basted and waiting for me to finish it.

But also, I'm curious to try these Crumby Maverick Stars, and some small part of me wants to make a few of those 5 inch Dear Jane Quilt Blocks too -- like Melanie, who is Crazy About Quilts .

I've been thinking about small quilts and smaller quilt blocks ever since reading about the Priority Alzheimer's Quilts and the monthly quilt auction put on by the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative. Making a small quilt next sounds like a good idea, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.