Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Weigh Stations

Let me be weighed in a just balance, and let God know my integrity ~ Job 31:6

I know almost nothing about trucking. Eighteen-wheels, CB radios, and "Weigh Station Ahead -- All trucks exit here when flashing." That's about it. I have no idea why some trucks do not "exit when flashing" or why they speed ahead down the highway without stopping to weigh the consequences or weigh the load they are hauling.

It makes me wonder though; how heavy is the load I carry? How many times have I been asked to slow down, pull over and weigh my load, and how many times have I sped past too intent on my destination, in too much of a hurry to obey? And when the time comes that I sit on those final scales how many burdens will still weigh me down? Proverbs 21:2 says "Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the heart."

Let's pull over, off the highway of our lives, and look at our hearts. What weights does God see there? What heavy sins do we bear that He would ask us to surrender to Him? Take time with me today, the weigh station is open -- it's always open -- the lights are flashing asking us to exit and be weighed.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. ~ Hebrews 12:1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.