Friday, April 3, 2009

Answering Questions


The new photo for the P.S. Quilter's Tips is a baby quilt I did for my nephew. Invariably when left in gender neutral situations the baby quilts that I make with a hint of pink end up going to baby boys -- and I have yet to make a quilt for a baby girl that wasn't a nice combination of blues. The block in the photo (shown above and in right column) is called Rites of Spring and I pulled a picture of the block out of a quilt magazine, probably 10 years ago now. Naturally I enlarged it a little when I drafted it out.

The purple flowers a few posts back are orchids in the orchid room of the greenhouses at Longwood Gardens. I don't remember the name of that variety, sorry.

My internet was only out for two days. Not only is it back up and working just fine now, but Yes, I did manage to survive while it was down. What did we ever do before email? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.