Friday, January 2, 2009

Knots and Knits

Update on the sock knitting: The Opal self-striped pair are finished. Not only did I finish them, I have worn them and they are in that laundry basket, as we speak, waiting to be laundered and worn again. Here's what's on my needles now:
This Tofutsies has a cute name and a neat idea with the wool, cotton, soy, and chitin blend to the yarn, but I'm growing tired of finding knots in this ball. I've spliced the yarn THREE times already. I realize I'm new to sock knitting, and perhaps I am mistaken in thinking knots are bad things in your sock yarn and the ball should be all one piece -- but I'm pretty sure knots are bad things in your sock yarn and the ball should be all one piece.

If I hadn't already shown the socks to my sister (they're for her) I would have quit already.
So, that said, I am finishing the socks, but I probably won't be getting Tofutsies yarn again. Maybe I'm just picky, but you know, there were no knots in that ball of Opal yarn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.