Monday, January 26, 2009

Inspired by Leslie's Long Meme

Over At the Top of Squirrel Spur Leslie has done an astronomically long meme. It's a list of 239 films and if you've seen 85 of them you've "got no life." I've seen 34 or 35 (I can't remember if the comet hitting the earth movie I saw on the weather channel one time was called was Deep Impact or not).

Evidently I "have a life."
For the complete list go to Leslie's blog. I haven't followed the rules of the meme at all.

*****

Most of the films on that long list were films I wouldn't even consider seeing to begin with, because what you put in your head -- that's what's in your head. It's wasteful of brain cells to watch stupid time-filler movies, it's disrespectful to my faith to watch movies that advance a lifestyle opposite to the way God wants me to live, and, honestly, I just don't see the point of violent horror films. Movies should be happy escapes from reality.

Now, a GREAT movie, not on that list, would be Enchanted April... I may have seen that one movie alone 35 times. (Does that refute the idea that I "have a life"?) Come to think of it most of the movies I really like weren't on the meme at all. I wonder who would write a movie list that doesn't include:
Kismet
My Man Godfrey
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
White Christmas
Much Ado About Nothing
Groundhog's Day
Wives and Daughters
Sense and Sensibility ... .... maybe, I should write my own movie meme.

*Edited

3 comments:

  1. You know, some of us are color blind and can't decipher between green and red :(

    On my short list of GREAT movies is Last of the Mohicans.

    P.S. I saw an episode of Highlander (the TV series) the other day. I was embarassed at the cheesy, early 90's music and acting. You know, after our conversation regarding Highlander last time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottish accent vs. cheesy music, it's a tough call.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this post and saying "Much Ado About Nothing!" And "Sense and Sensibility!" And Doug turns to me and says, with a huge grin, "What'd you expect--from your twin?"

    :)

    It's true.

    ReplyDelete

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.