Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Texture for Tuesday



This ice-coated stone in my rock garden marks the location of the Dicentra spectabilis, or Bleeding Heart as it is commonly known. (Below is a photo of it blooming last spring.) The perennial flower now waits for warmer days to summon it from the soil once more. And just so I don't forget and try to plant something else on top of it, I've marked it's location with a tiny "standing stone." The freezing rains we have been having lately have worked their magic on this stone and created a unique texture on it's surface.

Almost like frozen bubbles resting on the rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.