Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Simon Says: Baa?

I am not, Simon says, a sheep dog.  And, Simon adds, We don't have room for a flock of dairy sheep.

I thought we might be able to squeeze in two little Shetland sheep to provide wool, and milk, and maybe even meat.  Aren't they cute? They come in different markings even polkadot! As I did my research into the dairy side of things with thoughts of sheep butter and sheep cheese and the more easily digestible nutrient rich sheep's milk. I also found Clun Forest Sheep and from what I'm reading it sounds like they'd be even better for cheesemaking.

Perfect, Simon says, now you want both and we haven't even room for one.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.