Thursday, July 9, 2015

What's in Your Dictionary?

The spellcheck for word documents on my computer is reliably uninformed on how to spell any number of proper names. I expect those little red squiggles, and the super creative "replace with" options it comes up with when presented with a new proper noun outside its programmed variations. I add the name to the dictionary and the problem is solved.

Today though it offered me something new. A lesson I wanted to share.

The word Unforgiveness is not in the computer's dictionary. Instead, as I ran spell check it offered me "replace with: Forgiveness."

Replace unforgiveness with forgiveness. How right that is.
I did not add unforgiveness to my dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.