Saturday, August 2, 2008

There is Sunshine in My Soul Today


Yellow is a color they say should be used sparingly in quilts. "They" might be right but I'm not listening. The secret to using yellow is balance. If yellow is your accent color make sure your touches of yellow are balanced across the entirety of the quilt top. Yellow attracts the eye and will dominate attention (if it is not spread out evenly) making your quilt look lopsided. If you really love yellow (like I do) use a two color block with the weight equally divided (balanced) between yellow and a second color. White and yellow will make a sunshiney happy quilt, and yellow with black makes a stunningly elegant combination, and green and yellow, as we can see in nature, play well together too.





No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.