Wednesday, September 3, 2008

All of the Above

How well can you do on the PBS Quilt Quiz?
Much to my shame, this gardening, quilting, trivia-filled history buff missed the "Language of Flowers" question. Although I was dubious about the Baltimore Album quilts containing flower messages. I was positive that Victorian crazy quilts would contain the Victorian secret flower codes, and I was pretty sure I had heard of appliqued flower messages. So I picked "all of the above." Here's a hint on that question -- it's not all of the above and it's not crazy quilts (or so they said).

So, yeah, I got that one wrong.
I will just have to console myself (red poppy = consolation)
with quilting. (sage = domestic virtues)

For more flower language translations try this site

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.