Monday, September 1, 2008

Cranberry Orange Quick Bread

2 ½ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking pwdr
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup or so frozen (raw) cranberries
1 cup or so candied cirton (like you get for making fruitcake)
¾ cup or so sliced almonds (not shown - I didn't have any on hand so I left them out)
½ cup honey
2 tablespoons molasses
2 tablespoons sugar
1 egg beaten
¾ cup oj (thawed) concentrate
1 ½ tablespoons orange zest (grated orange rind -- no pulp)
1 liberal teaspoon vanilla

Combine the dry ingredients, add the combined wet ingredients, do not over stir. Dump into you loaf pan(s) – and bake at 325 Farenheit for an hour. Cool.
Makes a 1 lb loaf, or two 1/2 pound loaves.

Oh, and it's best served warm right out of the oven, still a little crumbly and with butter melting on it. Note that I didn't even wait for it to finish cooling before I was slicing into that loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My dear, few, readers you inspire me to keep writing. Thank you.

Comments are moderated to avoid spam and so that I do not have to subject you to that annoying "if you're not a robot" thing.